Thursday, July 07, 2005

Update on the Global day of Prayer


This was an interesting experience for me. I first heard about the Global Day of Prayer (GDOP) in early February and I had a strong sense that God was stirring His church around the world to be praying through this effort. It is a high value for me to have a globally informed faith and this call from my african brothers to pray struck a chord with me. We tried to spread the word as much as possible here locally in the LA Basin but there was no real traction with our efforts. It was not really on people's radar so it was difficult to get things moving as quick as they needed to. None the less, we made it a part of our 40:24:7 effort to stimulate prayer for our region and we even participated in two different GDOP events on Penetecost Sunday. We drove to Hollywood for one and a stadium in Orange County for the other. It was definately worth it. We joined with over 200 million Christians worldwide that day interceding for our cities!

Here are few links if you want to see how God stirred things up that day all around the world. We are going to be a part of this next year as well!

www.gdopvideo.com
www.globaldayofprayer.com
www.cityrenewal.com.hk

As a side note, I know that God honored my desire to be a part of this event in a special way. While driving around the LA freeways that day I was joined by a dear brother named Jonah Okechukwu. Get this. He is a pastor/evangelist from Cameroon! I had met him only days earlier and we spent much of the day sharing and praying together for God's heart for all nations. What a blessing!!

No comments: