Monday, June 26, 2006

A day of City Tours

What a fun day. This morning I met the IV students at 8:00 in the morning to head out on a city tour. I always like to start these conversations by asking what people have heard about and/or know about Long Beach. When you are with youth you always hear about Snoop. Some of the students were from the LA Basin and knew a little bit more. Things like most ethnically diverse city in the nation, known for tourism (Queen Mary, etc...) and has a big sea port were mentioned. After driving around a bit to see the transitioning of neighborhoods we went to Sophy's Cambodian and Thai restaurant for lunch. Great food!

While at lunch we had the Summer Servants team from the East San Gabriel Valley join us. Kingdom Causes partners with the New Hope Network to work in that area. I spent the afternoon hanging with this team as we dialogued about city-reaching, praying for your city, mobilizing the church in a city and how people of "good faith" can come together with people of "good will" to work together for tangible solutions for the good of the whole community.

Great times! I love seeing young people get excited about serving cities. I love being able to encourage them at such a critical stage of their life to give themselves away for the cause of Christ and for the love of their neighbors. I love seeing and hearing about how God stirs hearts to pursue things that He cares about. I too was encouraged by their passion. Fun times.

Side note #1: this muggy weather is ridiculous!
Side note #2: I just got my digital camera back from Best Buy (in for the 3rd time!!) and need to take more photos for this blog.

No comments: