Thursday, December 20, 2007

Kingdom Causes' wild ride

Hi:
My name is Judy and I just turned 64. I thought I'd be home tending my garden and caring for the hummingbirds in my back-yard as they come to check out our koi pond....NOT!....instead God in His infinite wisdom and with a twinkle in His eye has me here on staff as Brad's assistant! I came on board to help with administration in the Long Beach office, but that morphed into what I'm doing now with Brad. His vision and energy are limitless and part of my job is to ride along with him and try to keep order in all the spheres he's in to. What an "E" ticket ride!!! Sometimes I go home wondering what in the world I'm doing here, and then I see the Kingdom being established and it's all OK.
My heart is to see prayer happening in a connected way in this City and to see the Kingdom Causes vision established in cities around the nation - world. Since coming here I've met so many young church planters, so many young leaders in the city and on the Cal State campus that I'm excited to see what our Father is up too and where He's going next! I've never met so many people "doing" Kingdom stuff, with a passion as in these last 6 months.
I'm personally working toward networking prayer in the City, so if you have a prayer meeting that's open to the public, please let me know. After the holidays I will be visiting different churches in the City and blogging about them, and I will be attending as many prayer meetings as I can around the City and see how the Lord would like to connect the city pray-ers. For many years I've been praying for a Church of the City, for pastors to be connected, but lately I've felt led to pray for unity among intercessors. This is one way I feel like that process might begin.
We have a wonderful mix of people on our team with a variety of giftings and talents. The common thread is our love for Jesus, our desire to see Him famous and followed, and our sense of humor!
Have a wonderful, blessed Christmas.
If you would like to join our team of 1000 intercessors you can sign up on our web-site or e-mail me at judyw at kingdomcauses.org. I'd love to add you to our once-monthly e-prayer-mail. We also have a Second Saturday prayer meeting at our offices on 21st and Cherry at 6 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. Last Saturday we had three new people!
Each time I come away from that meeting, I know anew and afresh the power of the God I serve and His love for His people.

No comments: