Thursday, December 20, 2007

"Susana" in Wonderland

I have just joined on to the Kingdom Causes Long Beach Team for about two months.  I should have known from the first day what a wild adventure I had just signed up for.  My first day consisted of the Prayer Breakfast meeting in the morning, a Kingdom Causes Long Beach staff meeting, and a Youth Education Task Force meeting.  I felt like Alice in Wonderland being exposed to new people and new places.


I was born at St. Mary's from a Cambodian family that escaped the Khmer Rouge.  I went to Long Beach public schools and finally ended schooling in the Spring of 2007 from UCI.  With a Bachelors in Psychology and Social Behavior in hand, I felt like Christopher Columbus setting sail to discover that the world is round.  It was a difficult choice for me to not continue on to graduate school.  I would love to go to school and postpone growing up and facing the real world.  But God had other plans for me that I could not dream of or comprehend.  He has revealed little pieces and opened doors for me like joining Kingdom Causes.


I came into Kingdom Causes with the mindset of exploring the world but God instead has been exposing me.  Exposure in all aspects of the word.  Exposure of me (my strengths, my sin), of Long Beach (through Kingdom Causes), of people (their hearts), of God (especially His love), and many more.


In this blog, I hope to bring you along on my adventure of "Wonderland"; to share with you my feelings, observations, and thoughts; and to expose you too.


Thank you for falling down the rabbit hole with me,
Susana

No comments: