Friday, January 18, 2008

My Weakness in Strengths Finder

The Kingdom Causes Long Beach Team doubled when I joined.  In October both Polin and I signed onto Kingdom Causes.  So we wanted to focus our roles within the team by finding out each person's strength.  It was my first time taking the test.  I was intrigued by how the process worked and whether it was reliable.  In less than thirty minutes I found out my top five strengths.  They are: Restorative, Learner, Relator, Responsibility, and Individualization.  When I read the list I thought they were interesting until I read the specific description of each.  Then I thought they were scarily true.  Restorative describes my desire to grow and challenge myself.  I easily notice my flaws so that I can improve upon them.  Learner illustrates how I love to gain a lot of knowledge and information especially when I make a decision.  I want to gain experience so I could learn from them.  As a Relator, I don't rush into relationships and have a few friends.  I value honest because I am honest with others.  People can confide in me and they know I care for them.  Responsibility really surprised me as a strength.  But after reading about it, I realized how much it is a big part of my life.  When I read the description I didn't really see it as a strength but more of a weakness or burden.  I am very reliable.  I do everything to fulfill my commitments, but because of that I volunteer to have lots of responsibilities.  I also look though every angle before taking action.  Individualization I really enjoy having this.  It describes how I see the unique qualities of a person.  I love to observe people.  It also shows how I love to work in details and can do tedious work.

It was fun finding out about my strengths.  But now I know them, I don't know what to do with them.  It just goes back to my restorative trait of focusing on my weakness. It just goes to show that even through the strength finder test I can still find my weaknesses.

No comments: