Saturday, April 05, 2008

Season of Repentance

A local pastor who’s been pastoring the same church for 25 years, Doug Richardson of Long Beach Christian Fellowship, has called his congregation into a season of repentance. It began March 24 and will go until Pentecost. You can go to www.lbcf.org to read his invitation. The church will have its doors open for a service each evening for the entire time. I went to one of these services and was thoroughly blessed. The presence of the Lord was there to gently remind me of the ways I was out of His will. It was a small intimate gathering where worship and prayer were the order of the evening. The atmosphere was inviting and there was no pressure to “do” anything except be there and pray, or not as you felt comfortable. The sincerity and humility of the people in the room was so refreshing that I came away knowing that I had been truly in the Presence of the Creator of the whole earth.

Personal note from Judy: I believe Doug has a voice for the City of Long Beach and I would ask you to consider joining him and his church in this season and see what our Father has for you...

No comments: