Saturday, May 28, 2005

City Watch Prayer Meeting

This morning I prayed with the intercessors of City Watch here in Long Beach. They are a special group of dedicated prayer intercessors - many of whom i consider my spiritual mothers. They have been praying for Long Beach and the pastors here for about four years now. They are so awesome! Truly, these are some of the spiritual mothers of Long Beach - women who have lived here in Long Beach for decades and have watched the seasons change. Their hearts cry out for the Lord to touch this city.

Something significant that Louise shared was that intercessors are wanting to go to church for orders and replenshing - their assignment. I understand what she means. It takes a certain kind of energy to be a committed prayer intercessor. Believing in the power of prayer, intercessors need to know the needs so that they can pray specifically. Louise says that churches and intercessors need to be notified so that the Body can mobilize. I agree. Let's see what we can do to improve communication within the Church in Long Beach. I wonder how we can have the seasoned intercessors of the city train up the younger intercessors. In fact, I wonder what it would look like for seasoned pastors of the city to train up younger church planters or pastors to prepare for that generational transition in this city.

While in prayer, the Lord spoke to my heart about me connecting with prayer ministries from churches throughout Long Beach. I sensed the Lord calling on His people to come out of the prayer closets and to go into the city. Also in prayer, many of the ladies were really lifting up North Long Beach. There is such a need in North Long Beach for the Church to respond. Several intercessors affirmed the need for a gathering of the Church in North Long Beach to help bring life. As they began to talk about it more, I thought it was interesting because it was similar to what the Lord had showed me after the pastors prayer gathering at Pastor Wood's church. It seemed confirming so I shared with them what I had seen about the several churches coming together to support the Church up in North LB. We'll see what the Lord does.

No comments: