Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Connecting With Pastor Wood in North LB

I had an unplanned meeting today with Pastor Wood in North Long Beach. I've been working together with him to have the Intervarsity Interns who are coming this Summer to serve at several churches in that area. As we talked, he began to talk about how North Long Beach could have a multi-church picnic to bless the residents in the neighborhoods. The more he talked about it, I began to perk up remembering what the Lord had shown me several weeks prior after the pastors prayer gathering at his church (the part about people from multiple churches blessing North Long Beach and having a Barbeque and people serving the community). I also remembered the City Watch meeting where the intercessors there had said the same thing. So I told Pastor Wood about both instances of the intercessors seeing similar things and so after hearing Pastor Wood talking about a multi-church picnic seemed to align with it all. That was kinda kewl. We're going to progress forward with it.

Pastor Wood was also expressing how blessed he's been by Parkcrest Christian Fellowship. They sent volunteers to Pastor Wood's church to do some work in their back patio. I saw the work they did - it all looked great! Pastor Wood was extremely appreciative of them.

No comments: