Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Pastors Prayer Gathering at NLBCPC

This morning, pastors from around Long Beach gathered together for worship, support, and prayer for the North Long Beach Community Prayer Center. We heard from Pastor Leon Wood's heart regarding what's been going on. He expressed how blessed he felt to have so many of the pastors of Long Beach come to wish him and their church well.

Here is a list of prayer concerns that Pastor Wood expressed:

There have been numerous killings and stabbings in North Long Beach.
Many of the senior citizens are afraid to walk outside at night.
There is a high rate of "Meth" drug use in North Long Beach.
Children in North Long Beach are performing poorly compared to children in other parts of LB.
There is a very high rate of suicide in North Long Beach. There is alot of depression in the area.
There is a lack of vibrant life in North Long Beach.

North Long Beach is a mission field. Pastor Wood referred to it as the new Angola or the new Afghanistan. We need missionaries to come here. Here is a call to the Church in Long Beach for support! Please pray about how we can bring life into North Long Beach!

After leaving the church, I sensed the Lord prompting me to turn around. I had already driven away from North Long Beach and I was close to the office. As I drove back, I just began to pray for the city - especially North Long Beach. I sensed the lack of vibrant life that Pastor Wood was talking about. I began driving up and down Atlantic Avenue in North Long Beach for about half an hour. As I prayed, I began to see people along the streets painting the curbs and planting greenery. I saw people from multiple churches there in North Long Beach renovating the street. I also saw people walking up and down the streets praying for the businesses. There were people extending blessings to the neighbors as well. People were all working together to bless North Long Beach and the residents ate at a Barbeque. I know, it sounds weird, but I felt prompted to write notes as I was driving up and down the street. I sure hope the Lord calls His Church to do what we can over there.

No comments: