Monday, June 16, 2008

The Church in Long Beach - WOW!!!!

What a testimony to God at work in the City of Long Beach. Sixty churches worked together to support the WOW jam held at Houghton Park and Poly High on June 6 and 7. Pastors Bonnie and Paul Theimens headed the effort and did so much work to connect with and enroll all the churches and organizations that participated by giving of their time, talents and resources to this Kingdom effort. I let my hurting body talk me out of staying for the best part Friday evening and went home. Here is the story one of my friends told me. She was part of the altar call prayer people and one of the families she prayed with - parents and kids - had all raised their hands to accept Jesus. As she prayed over them she began praying for healing, restoration and protection and the woman was visibly impacted. The husband's response to his wife was to hold her in his arms and let her cry. The next person was a Hispanic woman who didn't speak English except to say, as she held her hands up, "It's a miracle!" over and over. A Spanish speaking worker then came and ministered to her. My friend says, "I don't know what will happen to these people now, but the Holy Spirit has touched them and it's His job now! I know God has impacted the lives of these people for eternity."
I have heard comments about the give-aways, about this not having lasting impact, and many others. Several of my friends were there and all of them report being so aware of the presence of God. I say, if nothing else, for 60 churches to come together in one accord to further the Kingdom, it's a win for God's side!!! My participation for this one was to pray with Pastor Paul over the sites and hearing God's heart for those people in that place was what I wanted. At our Second Saturday prayer meeting last Saturday we bathed everything again in prayer. We asked God to "complete the good work He began until the day of salvation" for each person who was impacted by this year's WOW jam. He's got a lot of work to do because at Poly alone there were 5000 people in attendance.
Kudos to each and every person who gave anything and Pastors Paul and Bonnie worked tirelessly to bring about an eternal impact in the City of Long Beach. Blessings to you!!!
As one of my main functions at Kingdom Causes is prayer, my encouragement to anyone who reads this blog is to continue to pray for this years' jam to begin now to intercede for next years'. Let's also pray for encouragement, support and refreshment for the Theimens.
Love to you all - Judy

No comments: