Thursday, August 12, 2010

the REAL Susana

"Susana in Wonderland" was my first blog I wrote as a member of Kingdom Causes Long Beach. Three years ago, I was an intern for Kingdom Causes. The first day I started, I attended the Long Beach Leadership Prayer Breakfast. I was thrown into the crazy wild adventure of Kingdom Causes Long Beach. I felt like Alice falling into the rabbit hole into a whole new world that looked familiar but with a twist. As I am transitioning into a new role as a full time graduate student. I still feel like Alice but the Alice in the 2010 version of Alice in Wonderland. I feel I am more of the "real" Susana than when I first started Kingdom Causes Long Beach. My experiences here have molded me into a closer version of me, the woman God created me to be.

At Kingdom Causes I was an intern to AmeriCorps Community Developer to Operations Manager. Now I will be Susana, USC Masters of Social Work Graduate Student and AmeriCorps Site Supervisor. I will still be at Kingdom Causes but at a minimal capacity so that I could balance school. But I am privileged to introduce Jeanette to the Kingdom Causes Long Beach Team. She will be the Operations Director. I am excited to be working with her and for the assets she will bring to the team.

Please continue to pray for me as I transition back into school. Thank you!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool. Thank you for all your hard work! You will be missed.